Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Harold Wilson talks about his experience

Democracy Now has an excellent interview with Harold Wilson, PA's most recent death row exoneree, who was acquitted at retrial in November. You can read the transcript, listen to it, or watch it.

There are multiple issues to address in Harold's interview. For now, one of the most pressing is the way the exonerated are treated. In Harold's words:
And I signed the processing papers for my release. I was given a copy of my release papers. I was given 65 cent and a token, and I was told that I couldn't leave the facility with SCI Green State Correctional DOC on my clothes, so they gave me clothes to wear and a jacket, and I walked out the back door of the county prison at 9:30 at night onto State Road with 65 cent and a token and no other means of support or survival.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home